Saturday 27 January 2018

THE GLASS




 Break the Glass!,
so I can stumble out of this cup of misery that holds my soul, bound.

This is the prayer I've prayed for a thousand years;
Yet, I'm stuck between the walls of this glass and my blinding pain.

Every dawn, my mind is startled awake.
I'm afraid to open my bruised lids.
But then, if I shut them for too long, they may never again, Lift.

Sitting up slowly, I pushed against the glass, bidding it break,
for i needed its assistance to break my unsteady fall.

'Who is this?', You wonder.
I am she!
The lost, the bruised, the broken.
I live within every woman missused.
I have sought for deliverance, but,
I've had shame painted on my smears, and boots stuck in my side, for my trouble.

Break the Glass!!,
so I may stumble out of this hold- Prison
where my lips have been sealed that no ear ever tells of what it beheld.

Take these shackles off my feet, so I can be free
Release my soul from the abuse of its reality.
Wipe the tears off my swollen cheeks,
Cleanse my blackened heart from the bitterness it witholds.

The moment I accepted the lure of his sin,
like the famous rat, the cheese.
I was trapped, held fast within the spring and the coil.
I was unable to free myself.
My frightened jerks, and breathless twists only sealed my fate.
Since then, I have become the typical Lazarus,
begging for scraps under the table.
My sores have become lubricant for the four-legged maammals.
I welcome the cooling of their tongue on my battered body.
My pain is like a novel written on my face,
still the readers only shake their heads, and pray that their children do not become me.


(INTERLUDE- In the PROCESS of TIME...)


The sunset brought with it a canary yellow promise of hope.
I held unto it, even when the black of night hid the glimpse behind.
My eyes stayed woke, as I awaited the dawn.
When she came, I released the flitting fly of hope into the dew of her promise.

There was a clash!
And then a blend.
Now certain, I pushed against the glass, and it shattered.
I stepped into the dust of its debris, and welcomed the prick of a stray embedded in my feet.
It made my stale blood flow, and my weak wings soar.

I jumped down a cliff and like I afore knew, I was lifted into the hands of THE HEALER.
My past pain, I discovered, is worth this heaven.

Thank you God, for heaven at last...



4 comments:

  1. I love this. Girl, God has given you an amazing writing gift and the best part is that you are using it to give hope to those who may think that all hope is lost. Keep it up. The King of kings, Our Lord Jesus Christ is backing you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pain motivated this, caused by the brutality on and lack of respect for the woman folk... Interesting piece....

    ReplyDelete

If I were 16 again

 I would bind wounds and not stab with words that escaped the prison of my mouth. I would learn to fly without checking the wind's inten...