Wednesday 7 February 2018

This 'MY HANDS'.




THIS ‘MY HANDS’.

(SIN- the slide)
Impure, stained by the sweet lure of sin; Drawn to its purpose of fun; pulled to its magnetic field- deceitfully attractive.
But within its deadly mine dwelt the ever dangerous bomb of destruction.
Explosion!!!
My legs give out, and my hands stretch out to break my fall. 
Alas! The slippery slime of sin only quickened my slide… down…
I’m where I started, at the bottom, deeper, deeper than I’d ever been…


(SIN- UNAVAILABLE)


This “My Hands’…
Once holy; the power in them bestowed by He that is Holy.
The ability- empowered by the creator.
This ‘My Hands’,
Instruments of the Most High; 
Healing, Delivering… Just instruments, joyful to be God’s.
Now, they are unworthy, unfit, and smeared with the dirt of sin.
I stare at them- unrecognizable, impure hands.
Quick to mischief, polluted with the odour of wickedness.
This ‘My hands’, this ‘my hands’.



HANDICAPPED


This ‘My Hands’...
Deform-ity
My Pie-ty was never enough to bring life into my dead hands.
Like a controlled machine, The pause-play motions lift my hands up to wipe my odd-ity.
Up, and down they go, Stiff, not steady.
Young, but not strong.
Conform-ity. 
I had conformed to my weird. My thoughts had magnified the absent part of me to nothing.

 This ‘My Hands’...
I have become to dread my hands, I hate what they are and the definition they give me.





DEATH



This my hands have killed…
They’ve been trained to snuff out the life of the living, expunging them into the realm of death. 
This my hands have held many weapons, the bullets from them stabbed the essence of many.

This ‘my hands’ have enjoyed the flow of blood on it, and have snuffed the oxygen from which the heart gets the energy to beat.
This ‘my hands’ are tired. 
They are heavy, too heavy to be lifted, too dirty o be clean.

‘O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?’

INTERJECTION IMPASSE.

This ‘my hands’ are stalled… stuck in the pause of loss.
Loss of will, weakened seal. Open to torment, welcoming the pain.
This ‘my hands’, strained its ears to hear, and sought a way to care.
Alas!
Time passed so fast, it’s queer. It’s made my hands still in fear.
This ‘my hands’ wants to atone for all the sins it has known. 
They want to change their course but it’s just too late to strive for a lost cause.
My hands hung by my side, so heavy, the lead of their weight pulled my bulk to the earth.
They hurt, and believed they deserved the pain, for salvation seemed an eternity away.

Black… Dark… sunken… swollen… Obscure darkness… 
LOST!

THE LIGHT OF LIFE.


Light struck the darkness, its trajectory path spread to enfold he dark, snuffing out its deadly dim.
The bright was the light’s beam, my eyes blinked and I was lost in the enrapture of its dream.
I stared, and saw a shape, then a form, and finally a personality.
So beautiful was His countenance, and lovely was His gaze.

‘Give me your hands’, He whispered, and my body shivered…
I tried to lift my hands but they were stuck to my side, heavy with the sins of my past.
I looked up quickly, afraid HE had vanished. 
He walked into my dirty abode, and His steps purified the atmosphere. His outstretched arms were ever so steady. 
His smile warmed my frozen heart, and my eyes were lost in His. 
Before I knew it, I was kneeling before Him with my hands were in His hands.
I wept…
I wept…
When I lifted my eyes, my hands were light.
He pulled me to my feet, ‘I was free’, Hallelujah, I am free!!!

FOR-EVER AFTER


This ‘my hands’, 
Sanctified, 
Purified, 
Lifted in the worship of The Father.
Forgiven hands, 
Committed to the service of my Saviour.
This ‘my hands’-
Working! Working! Working in the vineyard of Him, For-ever After.
Amen.





3 comments:

  1. Wow! My baby these your words are really very inspiring and gives hope to one who may think that there is no redemption for them. I love, love, love reading your posts. Keep it up girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you real good, mama of life...

      Delete
    2. God bless you real good, mama of life...

      Delete

If I were 16 again

 I would bind wounds and not stab with words that escaped the prison of my mouth. I would learn to fly without checking the wind's inten...