Tuesday 16 January 2018

THE LABEL





THE LABEL

I sat in the corner and looked at my mates thriving under the intensity of the sun. It’s rays brightened their smiles, and the reflection spun Gold like Rumpelstiltskin’s spindle. I wished to catch it’s beauty, but to add to my ugly.

I heard snickering and whispers. My eyes focused, and I saw them pointing at me and laughing. My mind heard what my ears couldn’t. “That girl is odd!!” “And weird”, “and somehow”, “o di ka skoi skoi a pu go ya n’isi!!”- It’s terrible interpretation is that I was crazy.

I looked down at myself… I tried to wipe my ugly with the tail of my dress, but it had stuck to me like the sea anemone to the shark. Its claws had become rooted in my roots. That was when I realized,- I’d just been labelled!!!

I could hear me tell myself, “and the label becomes you”.

I fought to climb out of the pit that I’d become accustomed to. The darkness shrouded the little light I had imagined.
I sought to be free, but I was stuck underneath.
IT HAD ME!!

I just wanted to end the torture. My flailing arms had been ignored by people; their stampede left my body bruised and bleeding.

HOPE WAS PUT OUT, like a candle light.
I WAS NO MORE!!!

My soul clung to my body- this feat accomplished by neither my will or desire (for i had none), but by a FORCE i couldn’t comprehend.

HE slapped feeling back into my cheeks, and fed my lips with water.
HE reached out, pulled me up, and gave support to my unsteadiness. 
HE positioned the ladder, and urged my painful, climb out of the pit.
HE reached out to shield me from the rowdy crowd, and carried me to safety.

SAFE- SAFETY- SALVATION.

HE offered a PRICE i couldn’t refuse- DEATH; I longed for it.

HE promised a RESTORATION I couldn’t believe- THE CROSS; I never expected it.

HE gave a GIFT that brought my pride down- GRACE; I was speechless!!!

I took the card…. Here I am… No more in the corner, but in the CENTER. I’m soaking up this sun, and its a party in here- RAINBOW COLOURS mehn!!!!

I am a MISFIT! That’s a fact.
I am DIFFERENT! That’s an achievement.
I AM THE DAUGHTER OF THE KING OF KINGS- Now, that’s THE LABEL.
– a burden I want… Need to bear.

#thinkingtooloud


1 comment:

  1. My dear am also enjoying the party and soaking in the sun. I understand 'cos I've been there. Labeled an "ugly girl" but Jesus gave me the grace to see that what really matters is the inner beauty which only Him can give, for the Psalmist said that our Lord Jesus beautifies the meek with salvation. Yea! am beautified with the most amazing gem - salvation - and am flexing it like crazy. Shout it out loud ...... AM THE DAUGHTER OF THE KING OF KINGS....... Oh!!! How I love the label. Worldly gold and cosmetic cannot buy it. Keep it up girl.

    ReplyDelete

If I were 16 again

 I would bind wounds and not stab with words that escaped the prison of my mouth. I would learn to fly without checking the wind's inten...