Thursday 11 January 2018

SEARCHING - (Word'S' series).










Searching,
beneath the cower of my fear,
I found that
behind the shame of my disgrace,
was a realization that there was no help.

Searching,
I found no answers to the crazy whorl in my mind.
I stepped in, and found myself within a maze,
behind the camouflage of 'at last' and 'finally'.

The journey had only begun.
My 'probablys' disappeared,
and my mind comprehended.
I turned around and discovered
that I was stuck and lost.

I opened my swollen eyes shut quick by the blows of my existence,
and I sought hope.
Alas, hope had become a distant memory.
I lifted my sinking feet,
and stepped unto unsteady floor.
Startled, I discovered that its base held my balance.
with my heart in my hands and a steady pound in my brain,


I RAN...



No comments:

Post a Comment

If I were 16 again

 I would bind wounds and not stab with words that escaped the prison of my mouth. I would learn to fly without checking the wind's inten...