Wednesday 8 December 2021

THE BIGGER KID

His hands looked like an endless hammer
I know because my body knows how accurate they are.

I know.
Now I know my speech is an unnecessary tone
My laughter, a distant memory
My voice... a reality I can no more define.

School is the environment.
Junior is my predicament.
Surprise was my instant recognition.
Pain became an affirmative welcome.

I don't know who to tell
That my back breaks a little when he staggers into the classroom
His eyes find me in the hole in my mind
His smile promises me of horror
His presence darkens the day
His menace weakens my fight

Who do I tell
That I lied in my report
The black eye the nurse treated has come to stay
He knows now that my vision was all I had left

Who will tell my parents
That school has become prison
Learning is a reality I do not comprehend
Joy..... 
Joy... 
Joy is a word I know only how to spell.

Help me!!




To all that have been victims of bully. 
To those who still are.
Jesus knows.
He will swoop down for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I were 16 again

 I would bind wounds and not stab with words that escaped the prison of my mouth. I would learn to fly without checking the wind's inten...