Tuesday 20 March 2018

THE CLICK..





The click becomes the turn of a page.

The emoji becomes the smile on your face.

The pictures are now wishes that become frivolous aspirations, no more moments to appreciate.

The wait for the like graduates into The wait on your purpose.

The click becomes a distant memory when the light shuts off.

The escalation from playing with the App to depending on it, happened without a by your leave.

The consequences of the addiction brought a realization that shook.


The powerless button which functions only beneath the gentle press of clever fingers, has become the master.
It relishes the slavery wrought by them who should abort it.

Ignorance, the ever- present smart card used to withdraw the time and cash from well oiled machine of addiction.

This reality has become mine, and the realization makes me chill and think.
My body has been bought, My soul is sold, My spirit is owned... These are the terms of agreement I signed when I took on the Life of the cross, but recently I forgot a while and focused on my basic human wiles..

The click is now a replacement for His Word. I depend on its exotic world to fill my lonely bourgeois... 

Without even the blink of a beep, my restless wandering fingers scroll through the feed.
Hours fly by, and the dawn becomes dusk, yet I'm unaware of the changing seasons around my dust(me).



Engrossed, I neglect the plea of my watery eyeballs, and focused my mind on all the net presented, but Him.

I've forgotten when I prayed for the device and promised to use it for His service,

I swore He would be my Idol as I am His temple, but my actions are varied from my ardent oaths.

I have made my Master jealous of my interests, when He is naturally Jealous of my attention.

My hands lift as my voice sings, but my focus shifts as I can't help but envision 'The click'
"Lord, please forgive me" I pray sincerely, focusing intently with a strong determination.

I relaxed my guard and again, I was the favorite customer of whirling thoughts in my end, and my lips turned up in anticipation.

I have become a servant to a material of which I once had the power to destroy.

Lord, please help me. Your help might be drastic, and my dread of it kept me from crying out my helplessness.

 But now, 
I surrender!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I were 16 again

 I would bind wounds and not stab with words that escaped the prison of my mouth. I would learn to fly without checking the wind's inten...